Thursday 8 November 2012

Question 6.What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

AS Media was the first time I had ever done media as I did not chose it for GCSE. Along with this I also came into year 12 media later than others. During my preliminary task I felt that I had no knowledge of how to use the softwares, indesign, photoshop and illustrator. On my preliminary front cover and contents page it is clear that my I lacked in knowledge as I stretched the front cover key image and made it the background image, this was a major fault on my work. On the contents page it is clear that I was not confident as the images had a lack of editing and the angles they are taken were wrong. However when doing the final product, I realised that my knowledge of these softwares had grown and i was much more confident, this is clear throuh the use of edited images, changing colours of the photo reel and placing images into a polaroid(merging them together.)


Adobe Photoshop
Below is a video tutorial on how to change the colour of an item of clothing, I used this tutorial to help me change the colour of the photoreel as it was previously black but I changed it to red to match the colour scheme. 






                                            
My knowledge of photoshop has grown since the preliminary task I have learnt three particular things;
How to Merge two things together, I used this by merging the polaroid and the image inside it together.

How to completley change the colour of something, I did this previous times on the wire, photoreel and the graphic rock hands.

How to contrast and saturate an image, I used this various times on my images, especially the one of ryan screaming as it turned red to match anger and the colour scheme.

Example of What I've Learnt in Photoshop;
                                              



Adobe IndesignBelow is a video tutorial on how to use the eyedropper tool. I used this within my work when I had all different text colour and was finding it hard to get all the colours the same.



My knowledge of InDesign has grown durastically from my preliminary task, I have learnt thre particular things;

How to add effects to the text, I chose to use the shadow effect on the text on the footer.

How to rotate images, althought this would be classed as a simple task, did not know how to do it. The use of the rotate tool has been used on my key image on the front cover, photo reel and the masthead on the double page spread.

How to change the height and width of the spacing of the text, I have used this on my front cover with the coverlines on top of the photoreel images.


Example Of What I've Learnt In InDesign







Adobe Illustrator
Below is a video tutorial on how to use the star tool, I especially used this tutorial to find out how to add more legs to the my star in which I used to make the page look exciting and its an effective shape to add text into.




I did not use Illustrator  in my preliminary task so this was my first time, I only used it once and this was to create a star. What I did to my star on Illustrator is add more legs to it as their were previously 5. I also added a line colour, and changed the width of it, it was black and I changed it to red. I also added a fill colour to it and a show, I chosen yellow as it matched my colour scheme.




Example Of What I've Learnt In Illustrator




Green Screen

For my final product I used a Green Screen, I had not used this before. The green screen is effective as it contrasts against all colours on the image you take a picture of so you can cut out the green with the magic wand tool easily. When using the green screen we had to use the lights, they had to be positioned so that the clarity of the images were clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment