Thursday 8 November 2012

Question 3.What Kind Of Institution Would Distribute Your Product?



My magazine is a music theme with the particular genre of metal rock. The particular distribution that might distribute my magazine are supermarkets and local corner shops. Particularly corner shops as they sell a wide variety of magazines of all genres and due to it being peoples local corner shop it means that a different variety of people would go into the shop and if someone was going to buy a magazine they wouldn’t walk all the way to a supermarket just for that.

However supermarkets such as asda, Sainsbury’s etc might distribute it as they are well known and trusted companies whom have a magazine section. Due to the shop being bigger it means more people go there and would see the magazine,adding to this point if more people go there will be a greater income. Shops such as waterstones and whsmiths might
distribute my magazine as they are well known and trusted companies. Along with this the main content in the store is book and stationary and magazines come under this genre. Although the magazine is not free it is £2.50 which will bring in an income for the shop as well as the magazine company.
 
When considering the fact that it is a music magazine it may be sold in music shops as it matches the genre. People in a music stores preferably enjoy music and if the mode of address and genre matches there taste then they would be more likely to buy it. A particular place my magazine may be distributed is Camden as it is known for its punk rock scene and has many music stores and punk clothing stores. Therefore my magazine can be distributed into one of these shops in Camden as the social groups in Camden would match the genre of my magazine therefore they are more likely to be interested. Gigs are a good place for my magazine to be distributed for if its a rock gig then everyone there would be interested in rock music therefore the magazine would match their taste. Aswell as this, in my magazine there are images of bands playing at gigs so the audience at the particular rock gig that my magazine is being distributed at might want to see an insight into what other bands are like live.

I have researched into what company I personally thought would distribute my magazine, through this research I came across, BAUER, a multinational media company headquartered in Germany which operates in 15 countries worldwide. Bauer magazine publish and distribute Kerrang and Q magazine, two very popular rock magazines. Due to the fact that these two magazines share the same genre I feel as this company would be perfect for my magazine. KerranG and Q are very successful magazines that have made it worldwide therefore, Bauer have the ability to do the same to ROAR magazine, bringing in a great profit and a large fan base.
Click HERE forthe link to BAUER official website


No comments:

Post a Comment