Thursday 8 November 2012

Analysis of double spread articles in magazines for my chosen genre:metal/rock

Following the research of front pages and contents pages with my genre of metal/rock i have moved onto analysing double spread articles following the same genre. The magazines I have incoorpporated into this to research are nme,kerrang and  Rock Sound. I have annotated three double spread page articles of metal rock magazines, in order for my article to look professional. I was knew to analysing double spread articles as during the preliminary task we only had to analyse contents pages and front pages however I had analysed the form of 3 articles which helped when analysing them again.Through analysing three articles I have come across the common codes and conventions needed to make my magazine cater to particular social groups(emo, gothic, grunge) through mode of adress,image, colour and layout. With this research that I have currently just conducted I feel as though I am capable of creating an double spread page for a metal/rock magazine as the codes and conventions are clear.

http://prezi.com/ilchn9ujkkf2/analysis-of-a-double-page-spread-article-on-my-particular-genremetalrock/

http://prezi.com/mbjxdefsvcna/analysis-of-a-double-spread-page-article-for-my-particular-genremetalrock-genre/

http://prezi.com/3_tnolvmzcog/analysis-of-a-double-spread-page-on-my-particular-genremetalrock/


After conducting this research through analysis of the codes and convention of magazine articles of my chosen genre of metal/rock it is visibly clear that in order for my contents page to effectivley reflect the genre to an audience it needs: to look professional, stand out, reflect genre, be dominating and dark.Therefore I need to stick to the following in my final souble spread page articles: Aswell as having an article, include another fun element to the page such as 'top 10 favourite song' or a 'fact file.' It is effective is the article is set out as an interview as you can use different colours for questions and answers and makes it more personal as you can state the persons actions and tone of voice. Stick to a colour scheme that contrasts and reflect the genre or effectivley make it match the image. The images dont just have to be colourful they can be black and white as this creates a passionate look to the images. Finally the background to the page can just be a fill colour that represents the genre or it could be a setting which would also match the genre of metal/rock for example, a graveyard. It is vitally important that I incorporate these codes and conventions as they relfect a metal/rock genre therefore people will know if its to there preferred reading and it will imediatley cater to those in the same social groups that these band would be associated with.

No comments:

Post a Comment