Thursday 8 November 2012

Question 5. How did you attract/adress your audience?

Below is a video of a student analysing my work, discribing what attracted him to my Front Page, Contents Page and Double Page Spread.


.
If the video fails to play please click HERE
I have supplied a wordle containing words that Harry mentioned in the video to discribe my product and words that other members of my class used to discribe them. Along with this I have explained how  I have addressed my audience, this is through the use of gaze theory, typography,graphication etc.

Front Cover



I addressed the age target for my front cover by including images that vary in age from 16-28, although the target ages is 15-35, these images would still appeal to them.I have adressed the gender through the use of colours, red black and yellow, all three colours cater to both male and female therefore not aiming at any sex inparticular. I have adressed the social groups through the use of mise-en-scene, the social groups for my product are emos/grunger/rockers. I have adressed this through the mis-en-scene as all five of the images show the artists with big fringes a common style found on these particular member of the social groups. Along with this dark mysterious colours have been used as it is stereotyped with the emo genre however they are known to wear clothes that completley contrast and I have done this through the colour. Effectivley the use of contrasting colours helps them to stand out against eachother especially on a black background . The masthead effectiveley addresses the social groups as its bold, loud and dominating, similar to the music which would attract an audience.


Contents Page

















I addressed the age target of the audience through the use of 'signing up to roar' as when you turn 15/16 you tend to do things by yourself and have more access to a computer. I have also adressed the age audience by including a page name about the 'roar tour,' the age limit to go to concerts without an adult is generally 16 therefore it fits in with age target. Following this I have adressed the gender through the genre itself as it is a genre that aims at both male and female eventhough you are more likely to see male metal artists. I have also adressed the gender once again through the colour scheme and by having male and female iconic artists. I have adressed the social group of emo/grunge/rockers through one of the page discriptions 'is josh franceschi still your lover boy,' only those in these particular social groups would get this sentence as they would have listened to you me at six's song. Another way I have adressed the social group is through the use of drums in one of the images, as people in these social groups tend to be in bands that are loud and heavy, the drums help to reflect that.Once again I have adressed the social groups through the mise-en-scene on the key image, one of the tops has a skull on it, a common graphic stereotyped with these social groups, aswell as this I have adressed the social group through the 'school sucks' header as it is rebelious just like these social groups are stereotyped to be therefore it would apeal to them.


Double Page Spread



I have adressed the age target through the language, some foul language has been used such as 'fuck' and 'shitty,' this is language that those 15-35 would be speaking. The language is coloquial as it is coming from artists who I've made to be 18 speaking about there past problems, the use of coloquial language adresses this age target as it is how the current generation tends to be speak. I have clearly adressed the gender on my contents page through the story as it is issues that both males and females sometimes face. The use of having four girls as the images can show the mix of genre for it adresses a female audience and gaze theory would work here therefore adressing a male audience that would be attracted by them. The social groups, emos/grungers/rockers have been adressed through the rock hand graphics, particular hand gesture they tent to make. Along with this I have adressed these social groups through the mode of adress as there are harsh swear words, this language tends to be used by those in these social groups as they are loud and dominating. Finally I have adressed these social groups by adding 'we were't born for school, we were born to rock' the word rock itself adresses them and their rebellious stereotype of loving music and only music.

No comments:

Post a Comment