Thursday 8 November 2012

Analysis of the codes and conventions on the form of a front page magazine

I have studied and analysed four front covers of magazines, two of which weee film magazines, one being school and the other a general magazine. Through analysing three front covers I have discovered the common codes and conventions of a front cover of a magazine that are needed to create a proffessional, clear, effective and attractive peice of work. I have done this research so that I can apply these codes and conventions to the product that I will be producing, in this case a music magazine. Previously in my preliminary task I studied and analyses front covers of school magazines just like the following ones, it was clear to me how helpful that was in order to create my preliminary front cover therefore by using that knowledge i have once again done the same. One of the following front coers is found on my preliminary task as I had analysed it before however using more knowledge that i have gained, I have added to it. By using a school magazine it helps to compare and contrast the codes and conventions depending on the theme of each magazine. With this research that I have currently just completed, along with the research that I had conducted during the prelim task, I feel as though now I fully understand the codes and conventions of a front cover of a magazine and will be able to apply them to my front cover. Analysis 1
Analysis 2
Analysis 3
Analysis 4
After conducting this research through analysis of the form of magazine front covers it has come to my attention that in order to have an affective, attractive, proffesional looking magazine I need to stick to the following in my final front cover: Use a large key image so that it is the main focus however make sure it is an intresting picture so it engages the audience and make sure that there facial expressions represent their character. Along with this I need to keep to a set margin in order to make my coverlines and lures in line with eachother, this makes the page look less messy, crreating a neat and clear look to it however it also means that once I have bent the page back after reading it then the text would steal be in good condition making it presentable. Use a Colour scheme as it creates consistency and makes the front cover more fun, it is effective if the cover line is in one colour and the lure in another , creating a cannon effect on my front cover. And lastly avoid having any blank spaces but don't put pointless things in the dead spaces as sometimes less is more. If I stick to these codes and conventions of the form of a magazine then I will create a presentable and professional front cover that will immediatley attract the audiences attention

No comments:

Post a Comment